I cannot tell you how many muffin posts are on this blog…well, I could, but it would take entirely too long to count them all. We love them. The kids always want some form of chocolate muffin, and even though I’m a chocolate freak, my absolute favorite muffin is blueberry. The other day I was really craving them…
Real blueberry muffins. No frills, no added crumb topping (even though I love those too), I just wanted a really good, really blueberry muffin.
Blueberry Greek Yogurt Muffins
2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (can use a mix of all purpose and whole wheat too)
1/2 cup sugar (may want a little more if blueberries are not very sweet)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 heaping cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup applesauce (I used unsweetened)
1/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Generously grease a muffin pan, or use cupcake liners. Spray the liners well with non-stick spray if using. (*important*)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the yogurt, applesauce, milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix just until combined.
- Fold in blueberries. Mixture will be thick.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4ths full.
- Top with pecans and raw sugar if using. I sprinkled a little wheat germ on mine as well.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and done.
(Made 18 muffins)
I may be linking up at any of the following – (Monday) The Tumbleweed Contessa, The Dedicated House, Skip to my Lou, Making the World Cuter, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, This Gal Cooks, Huckleberry Love (Tuesday) Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday, Sowdering About in Seattle, Naptime Creations, Mandy’s Recipe Box, Memories By the Mile,Inside BruCrew Life, VMG206, Anyonita Nibbles,Tasty Tuesdays (Wednesday) The Newlyweds Pilgrimage, Fluster Buster, Mostly Homemade Mom, Adorned from Above, Lady Behind the Curtain,Ginger Snap Crafts, Naptime is My Time, Tessa the Domestic Diva (Thursday) Project Inspire,Joyful Homemaking, Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, Lamberts Lately (Friday) Foodtastic Fridays, Just Us Four, Bacon Time with the Hungry Hungry Hypo, Diana Rambles, The Better Baker, The Best Blog Recipes,Close to Home, 30 Handmade Days, A Peek Into My Paradise,The Jenny Evolution , Walking on Sunshine, Vintage Chic (Saturday) Six Sisters’ Stuff, Made from Pinterest