What’s better than chocolate covered strawberries?
Chocolate covered strawberries on top of a chocolate chip cookie crust that’s what.
With a layer of chocolate “sauce”…
And a little extra chocolate drizzled on top, because seriously, can you have too much chocolate? I think not.
A little Cool Whip on top doesn’t hurt either –
Are you on board the dessert pizza train? If not fully convinced, let me just share how easy this is to put together. Like done in 30 minutes easy. Seriously! The secret is pre-made cookie dough and chocolate that melts like buttah. (This was my first time trying chocolate from , and it is awesomely easy to work with. I usually have so many issues when working with melted chocolate and get quickly frustrated, but not this time! And no, I’m not getting paid to say that! I really had the easiest time EVER.)
The kids and I made this (as evidenced by the little fingerprints in my chocolate!) as a special (last minute) Memorial Day treat, and it would be great for any chocolate and strawberry loving father or special man in your life this Father’s Day. Which is coming up VERY soon! June 15th to be exact. How does time fly past me so quickly?! I’ve yet to figure that out. Not to mention strawberry season is in full swing so you can have nice, sweet and ripe berries.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pizza
1 roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (I used Pillsbury, could also use homemade
2 lbs. fresh strawberries
1/2 lb. chocolate (I used )
Vanilla Cool Whip (optional)
- Preheat oven according to directions of cookie dough you are using.
- Spread dough out into desired shape on a baking pan (I used my pizza pan lined with parchment paper since it has holes in it). Press into about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake cookie dough as directed or until lightly browned and fully cooked. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While cookie ‘crust’ is baking, slice strawberries, reserving a few whole ones for dipping in chocolate.
- Melt chocolate as directed.
- Dip whole strawberries into melted chocolate and place on wax paper to cool.
- Spread remaining melted chocolate onto cooked cookie dough crust, reserving a couple of tablespoons for drizzling if desired.
- Place sliced strawberries onto chocolate ‘sauce’, leaving the center open for whole berries.
- Drizzle remaining chocolate over sliced berries and place the set chocolate covered strawberries in center.
Slice with a pizza cutter and top with whipped topping if desired. Enjoy!
As a funny side note – when my son saw the chocolate chip cookie crust, he asked what I was making. I said “I’m making pizza!” He looked very skeptical and said, “well, I will try cheese on it, but I don’t think I want (pizza) sauce”. I laughed so hard, and explained that it was a dessert pizza and would only have chocolate and strawberries on it. I think he was relieved! He was also quite happy with the results.
sent me some of their products to try, no other compensation was received. Boy am I having fun using them 🙂 Expect to see more chocolate covered goodness!
I may be linking up at any of the following – (Monday) , , , , , , (Tuesday) , , , , ,,, , , (Wednesday) , , , , ,, , (Thursday) ,, , , (Friday) , , , , , ,, ,, , ,, , (Saturday) ,