Are you seeing bright red, delicious strawberries everywhere right now? Maybe you want to grab some and make one of these recipes for Father’s Day! Or for tomorrow…because why wait?!
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for the SPLENDA® Brand. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation. All opinions and reviews are my own.
I, for one, am SO glad the summer season is upon us!! School is out, the heat index is rising, and it’s time to break out the pool floats, dust off the lounge chairs, and rinse out the coolers. Oh…and bathing suits. It’s time to break out the bathing suits…and for many of us (and by “us” I mean “me”), that can be majorly a little traumatic. BUT, the great thing about warm weather is that it is much easier to MOVE MORE! The blue sky, warm sun, and birds chirping just beckons us to get outside…maybe it’s working in the garden, walking around the block, yard work, etc. For my friends and family, it’s swimming, kayaking, boating, and now, paddle boarding!
Since we had all spent the day in bathing suits (mine covered up by swim shorts and a tank), and getting some exercise in, the last thing we needed was a heavy, sugar laden dessert that would weigh us down…literally! I was happy to find a yummy recipe that fits nicely into our lifestyle.
Reprinted with permission from . Check out SPLENDA® on for more great swaps and recipes.
What’s better than chocolate covered strawberries?
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pizza
- Preheat oven according to directions of cookie dough you are using.
- Spread dough out into desired shape on a baking pan (I used my pizza pan lined with parchment paper since it has holes in it). Press into about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake cookie dough as directed or until lightly browned and fully cooked. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While cookie ‘crust’ is baking, slice strawberries, reserving a few whole ones for dipping in chocolate.
- Melt chocolate as directed.
- Dip whole strawberries into melted chocolate and place on wax paper to cool.
- Spread remaining melted chocolate onto cooked cookie dough crust, reserving a couple of tablespoons for drizzling if desired.
- Place sliced strawberries onto chocolate ‘sauce’, leaving the center open for whole berries.
- Drizzle remaining chocolate over sliced berries and place the set chocolate covered strawberries in center.
Slice with a pizza cutter and top with whipped topping if desired. Enjoy!
As a funny side note – when my son saw the chocolate chip cookie crust, he asked what I was making. I said “I’m making pizza!” He looked very skeptical and said, “well, I will try cheese on it, but I don’t think I want (pizza) sauce”. I laughed so hard, and explained that it was a dessert pizza and would only have chocolate and strawberries on it. I think he was relieved! He was also quite happy with the results.
Did you know today is National Strawberry Shortcake Day? I know right?! I’m learning that there is a day for pretty much everything. Luckily, I have just the thing to share with you on this special day. Actually, I made it to take to a family celebration of a VERY special day. June 10th marked the 3 year anniversary of my Dad’s life saving stem cell transplant!!! My Dad was diagnosed with Leukemia in October 2009 and his only hope of survival was a transplant. You can read more here and here if interested. Each year that passes is a miracle and we make sure that we get together and celebrate.
1 (8 oz) box of Cream Cheese (I used the reduced fat)
1 (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk (I used fat free)
1 (16 oz) container Cool Whip (large container) (any variety is fine: light, fat-free, SF, or homemade)
2 (10 oz) containers frozen strawberries in their juice, thawed*
fresh strawberries for garnish (if desired)
Break angel food cake into bite size pieces into a 9″ x 13″ dish. Fill the pan about 2/3-3/4 full…you want to have room for your strawberries and Cool Whip. I used almost my entire cake, minus about a 2 or 3 inch slice that *accidentally* got eaten while I was making this.
- Cream together cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth and pour over the cake.
- Pour both containers of thawed strawberries evenly over the cream cheese/milk mixture – juice and all!
- Evenly spread Cool Whip over strawberries.
- Let chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours, then top with fresh strawberries if desired before serving.
I’m linking up at (Monday) , , , , , , , , , , (Tuesday) , , , ,,, , and , (Wednesday) , , , , , , , Cherished Handmade Treasures, (Thursday) ,, , , , (Friday) , , , , , ,, , , ,, , , ,, (Saturday) , , (Sunday) , and
This recipe was featured at , ,
- 3 c. flour (can use a mix of all-purpose & white whole wheat)
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 T. baking powder
- 3/4 t. salt
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1-2 c. chocolate chips (I used a combo of dark and semi sweet – 1 cup)
- 1/2-1 c. milk (I only needed about a 1/2 cup, skim milk)