I love a breakfast casserole. Actually, I love a casserole, period! What can I say…they are easy, and I like to have all my food mushed together so I get all the flavors in one bite. That sounds weird doesn’t it? Well, no weirder than my brother, who as a child refused to let any of his food touch. Too the point he had to have a plate with dividers, and he would even take apart sandwiches and eat them one piece at a time. Now that’s weird. You’re welcome little brother.
This one is a little different from my other breakfast casseroles on the blog in that it has hashbrowns. I do love a potato. It also has homemade turkey sausage, but you can use any sausage or meat you like.
This would be great for a breakfast or brunch, and feeds several so it may come in handy over the holidays. You can also easily adapt it to suit your family’s taste buds.
Sausage and Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In an oven proof skillet*, cook sausage on stove top over medium high heat, breaking up sausage as it cooks. Add vegetables in (if using) when sausage is about half way cooked. (Drain fat if needed).
- Remove from heat and sprinkle potatoes over the meat.
- Add a pinch of salt over potatoes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and desired seasonings.
- Pour eggs over potatoes in skillet.
- Top with cheese.
- Place skillet in over and bake for approx 45 minutes or until eggs are set.