The weather may not feel like Spring, but the clocks have sprung forward and Spring sports have begun. At least here in the Mo’Betta house. This means that most evenings, right at dinner time, I have to haul my kids across the county to either soccer or volleyball practice. Therefore, dinner has to be something quick and easy. This ‘recipe’ fits the bill. It’s made with crescent rolls, and you can fill it with pretty much whatever you have on hand.
Crescent Roll Pizza Ring
2 cans Crescent Rolls (I used Pillsbury Reduced Fat)
2 cups shredded cheese (I used Italian Blend)
Pepperoni (I used turkey) – as many as desired
Italian Seasoning, garlic powder – optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a baking pan or pizza pan with non stick spray (my pizza pan has holes in it, so I put aluminum foil on it, and sprayed the foil)
- Separate crescent rolls into individual triangles, placing them in a circle on the pan, with pointed ends facing out (so it looks like a sun). The inside of the circle (wide ends of triangle) should overlap.
- Place fillings (pepperoni and cheese) over the overlapped/wide portions of the crescent rolls.
- Take the pointed ends of rolls (outside of circle) and bring them over the toppings, securing the toppings inside. You can tuck the pointed ends under the ring or just pinch the dough together.
- Sprinkle some cheese, garlic powder, and italian seasoning over the top of the ring if desired.
- Bake approx. 20-25 minutes, or until golden and crescent rolls are done.