Where did my weekend go?! My kids had school on Saturday to make up for one of the missed days due to the storm. School. On Saturday! It’s not even right. It was only a half day, but it really screwed up my weekend. I shouldn’t complain however, there are far worse things going on right now. For those of us who enjoy a super easy meal, I gotcha covered. This Egg McMuffin Casserole is SO easy, and unlike other breakfast casseroles, it doesn’t have to sit for hours before baking…but it can! We had this for dinner, but obviously, it would be good for breakfast too!
Egg “McMuffin” Casserole
4 English muffins, split *I used Nature’s Own 100 calorie multi-grain
6 oz Canadian bacon
1 cup cheddar cheese *I used a blend of cheeses
4 eggs *I used half Egg Beaters & 2 Eggland’s Best eggs
1 1/4 cup skim milk
- Preheat over to 325 degrees F.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Cube English muffins and chop Canadian bacon.
- Add half of the cubed English muffins in a single layer.
- Top with half of the Canadian bacon and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Layer the remaining English muffins and Canadian bacon and 1/2 cup more cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until combined. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the casserole.
- Wrap the baking dish with plastic wrap and place refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 1 day.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes.