Cobblers are one of those things that I don’t make often, and when I do, I’m like “this is so good! Why don’t I make these more often?!” They make an excellent dessert, but a cobbler is great for a brunch too. I mean, with all that fruit, it’s basically a health food. Okay, maybe we won’t go that far.
Another thing about cobblers is that you can make them year ’round. Just use whatever fruit is in season, or even frozen or canned fruits. Talk about easy! AND, to make it even easier…this one has a biscuit like topping made with Bisquick. AND to make it even easier than that, it was baked in Chinet Bakeware!
- 1½ cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple (canned)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup sugar*
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup Bisquick (I use the ‘Heart Smart’)
- 2 tsps. sugar (I omitted)
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- ¼ cup milk
- Turbinado (raw) sugar for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together Bisquick, sugar (if using), butter and milk in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine blueberries, pineapple, water, sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch in a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Pour fruit filling into baking dish. I used the Chinet Bakeware 7 x 9. (You could also use an 8 x 8, or 7 x 11 pan)
- Cover filling with biscuit topping by dropping by heaping spoonfuls. It will be thick, and doesn’t have to completely cover the fruit – just make sure it’s basically even in thickness so it will all cook through at the same time. Sprinkle with raw sugar if desired.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cobbler is excellent served warm or at room temp!
Please enter via the Rafflecopter form. If you are viewing this in an email, you will need to click over the actual post. Shipping only available within the US.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I received a complimentary set of bakeware and stipend for supplies from Chinet. All opinions are my own. This is part two of a 4 part series featuring Chinet, so if you don’t win this one, stayed tuned!