I love a breakfast casserole. Actually, I love a casserole, period! What can I say…they are easy, and I like to have all my food mushed together so I get all the flavors in one bite. That sounds weird doesn’t it? Well, no weirder than my brother, who as a child refused to let any of his food touch. Too the point he had to have a plate with dividers, and he would even take apart sandwiches and eat them one piece at a time. Now that’s weird. You’re welcome little brother.
This one is a little different from my other breakfast casseroles on the blog in that it has hashbrowns. I do love a potato. It also has homemade turkey sausage, but you can use any sausage or meat you like.
This would be great for a breakfast or brunch, and feeds several so it may come in handy over the holidays. You can also easily adapt it to suit your family’s taste buds.
Sausage and Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In an oven proof skillet*, cook sausage on stove top over medium high heat, breaking up sausage as it cooks. Add vegetables in (if using) when sausage is about half way cooked. (Drain fat if needed).
- Remove from heat and sprinkle potatoes over the meat.
- Add a pinch of salt over potatoes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and desired seasonings.
- Pour eggs over potatoes in skillet.
- Top with cheese.
- Place skillet in over and bake for approx 45 minutes or until eggs are set.
This recipe was featured at:
6 thoughts on “Sausage & Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole”
I pretty much love anything in a cast iron skillet. This looks delicious.
I just love your Sausage and Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole in the Iron Skillet. Thanks for sharing, this is perfect for the cold winter mornings.
OMGosh i love love this! I so need to get me a skillet!
Oooh, Kim, I do hope you'll swing by to Food on Friday to add this to the eggy recipe collection! Cheers from Carole from Carole's Chatter
Kim,so glad you stopped by to add to the collection. If you would like me to send you a reminder about each new Food on Friday, just drop me a line on . Cheers from Carole's Chatter
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your new Red Plate!