If you saw my yesterday, you know that I am now the proud owner of a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker. It’s a countertop model that is electric, requires no salt or ice, and makes ice cream scary fast. Like homemade ice cream in 20 minutes fast. It’s awesome.
First, I’m gonna need for you to use your imagination a bit. What you are about to see is NOT red and green Christmas candy…we are going to visualize them as red, white and pink for Valentine’s! Okay, everybody with me? You ready?
Not Your Mama’s Magic Bars
Monster Magic Cookie Bars
- 9 full reduced-fat graham crackers
- 4 tbsp. butter *I used 2 T. butter and 2 T. coconut oil
- 1 can fat free sweetened condensed milk
- approximately 3/4 c. (old fashioned) oats
- approximately 3/4 c. M&Ms;
- approximately 3/4 c. chocolate chips *I used mini semi-sweet choc chips
- In a zip top bag, crush the graham crackers using a rolling pin.
- Once crushed, add the 2 4 tbsp. butter & coconut oil to the bag. (not necessary if your coconut oil is already in a liquid state – then you can add after you heat the butter)
- Place in the microwave and heat up for about 20-30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave, let out the air and make sure the bag is sealed (be careful, it’s hot!), and “mush” the butter, coconut oil and graham crackers together until fully incorporated.
- Press the graham cracker crumbs into a well-greased and parchment lined (I did not line mine with parchment paper) 9×13 baking dish.
- Evenly pour the sweetened condensed milk over the graham cracker layer.
- Sprinkle the oats, M&Ms;, and chocolate chips evenly over the sweetened condensed milk and gently press in a little.
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes or until browned and pulling away from the edges.
- Let cool and serve.