You know how sometimes you get those crazy intense chocolate cravings that have to be satiated immediately? Please tell me I am not the only one. Mine usually hits when it’s getting late, and I don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, or do not feel like going to the store for a particular ingredient. Enter Monster Magic Cookie Bars! They have a short ingredient list and I knew with chocolate and sweetened condensed milk, they would be delicious. And I was right. Again. (I know my sweets peeps!)
When I first saw these at Something Swanky, I drooled all over myself. Her pics are amazing! Those bars were pinned in a flash, and called my name until I relented. Okay, that sounds a little creepy. I’m not hearing voices or anything. But, ya know what I mean. These bars had to be made.
Monster Magic Cookie Bars
slightly adapted from Something Swanky
- 9 full reduced-fat graham crackers
- 4 tbsp. butter *I used 2 T. butter and 2 T. coconut oil
- 1 can fat free sweetened condensed milk
- approximately 3/4 c. (old fashioned) oats
- approximately 3/4 c. M&Ms;
- approximately 3/4 c. chocolate chips *I used mini semi-sweet choc chips
- In a zip top bag, crush the graham crackers using a rolling pin.
- Once crushed, add the 2 4 tbsp. butter & coconut oil to the bag. (not necessary if your coconut oil is already in a liquid state – then you can add after you heat the butter)
- Place in the microwave and heat up for about 20-30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave, let out the air and make sure the bag is sealed (be careful, it’s hot!), and “mush” the butter, coconut oil and graham crackers together until fully incorporated.
- Press the graham cracker crumbs into a well-greased and parchment lined (I did not line mine with parchment paper) 9×13 baking dish.
- Evenly pour the sweetened condensed milk over the graham cracker layer.
- Sprinkle the oats, M&Ms;, and chocolate chips evenly over the sweetened condensed milk and gently press in a little.
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes or until browned and pulling away from the edges.
- Let cool and serve.
Someone was very eager to give these a taste test….
a little closer…
Yay! Mom is finished taking pictures and I can have one!
Another perk to this recipe, it’s egg and nut free! (M&M’s do have a warning on the bag that they may contain an occasional peanut. However, I still let him have them. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone who has a severe nut allergy.)