Yes, this was another Christmas gift involving booze, but would also be fun for Valentine’s Day. And seriously, anytime you throw together chocolate and booze…it’s going to be a fun day.
Even though this is not my most beloved old-fashioned fudge, it was pretty darn good…I happen to love Jim. And Jack. It’s also easy…no candy thermometer required! And before anyone asks, yes you can omit the alcohol.
Loaded Chocolate Bourbon Fudge
20 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (I used Chocoley Chocolate, half milk and half dark chocolate)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3-5 tablespoons bourbon (I used 5 – Jim Beam and Rave Review! Culinary Blended Bourbon)
approx 1-1/2 cups of desired toppings
1/2 cup milk chocolate, melted
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the 20 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate in the microwave or using the double boiler method (I almost always use the microwave, just remember to microwave it slowly. I heat for one minute, then stir, then heat for 15 seconds until mostly melted, stirring between each interval).
- Once melted, stir in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract
- Stir in bourbon 1 tablespoon at a time. The mixture will thicken, but continue stirring or folding with a sturdy spoon.
- Pour the chocolate mixture in the prepared pan and place in fridge for 10 minutes to set.
- Melt the 1/2 cup milk chocolate using desired method and spread a couple of tablespoons evenly over the top of the chilled fudge. Immediately sprinkle on desired toppings, gently pressing into the chocolate.
- Use the remaining milk chocolate and drizzle it over the top. This will help keep all the good stuff from falling off when cutting.
- Let set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- I recommend cutting into small pieces (about an inch or so, because it is very rich!)