1 box (4 serving size) instant chocolate pudding mix (I used Hershey’s)
1 cup sour cream (can also use plain yogurt)
1/2 cup canola oil
3 eggs, room temp
1/2 cup coffee (room temp or slightly warm, not hot – leftover coffee is fine; can sub with water)
1 package Oreo Cookies, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, and coffee.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, stirring until just combined. Scrape down sides.
- Beat mixture on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spray two cake pans with cooking spray, and line bottom of each pan with desired number of Oreo cookies. I used 11 whole cookies in each pan, but could have squeezed in a couple more!
- Pour cake batter over cookies in prepared pans.
- Bake for suggested time on back of cake mix box, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 10-15 minutes, then invert onto cooling rack to cool completely before icing.
- Place mixing bowl and mixer attachment in freezer for 10-15 minutes to chill.
- After chilling, add cream to bowl and mix on medium speed until it starts to thicken.
- Add vanilla and beat until mixture is to desired thickness and forms stiff peaks.
- Fold in cookies. Keep refrigerated until ready to frost cake.
This cake was inspired by , , Makin’ it Mo’Betta
This Oreo Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting was featured at:
I may be linking up at any of the following – (Monday) , , , , (Tuesday) , , ,, , , (Wednesday) , , , , (Thursday) , , (Friday) , , , ,, , , , ,