Boy, that was a long title, and a lot of chocolate chip talk, but if you have a chocolate lover in your life, then you might want to see how easy it is to make this cheesecake. Since, you know, we have that holiday this week. The one all about chocolate and hearts and luuuvvv stuff. Excuse me while I barf in my mouth a little. Sorry, my cynical nature is shining through. I love LOVE, and chocolate. I just don’t do mushy. Moving on…
It’s a rare occasion to find my husband in the kitchen cooking something, but when one of his children asks for something, they usually get it. So, when my daughter asked for a chocolate cookie crusted cheesecake that he has made one time before, for her birthday, he made her one.
He is of the mentality, go big or go home, so this was no wimpy cheesecake.
I mean, just look at that crust! A chocolate lover’s dream.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake with Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust
1 tube refrigerated cookie dough (like )
3 pkg. (8 oz) 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar*
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
3/4 tsp. vanilla
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
*This cheesecake can be sugar free by using a sugar substitute, like Splenda and leaving out the chocolate chips. And using a different crust of course! We make it this way often.
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Take raw cookie dough and cover the bottom and halfway up the sides of a springform pan. Mash down firmly. (Cover the outside bottom of pan with aluminum foil to catch drips.)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and eggs until well blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over cookie dough.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until center appears almost set (it will be just a little jiggly in the center).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from pan.
Yep, this was a happy girl. She had two over-the-top birthday cakes! (Check out her Chocolate Candy Cake
for her birthday party if you missed it. It is also a chocolate lover’s fantasy!)
This would make someone pretty happy on V-day, don’t cha think?!
I am linking this recipe up at (Monday) , , , ,, , , , , , , (Tuesday) , , , , , , , (Wednesday) , , , , , , (Thursday), , , , (Friday) , , , , , ,, , , , (Saturday) , , , , (Sunday)
© copyright 2013 – All rights reserved