In honor of Cinco de Mayo or as I like to call it…May 5th…I thought I would highlight an oldie but goody. I’m pretty sure it’s about as far from authentic Mexican fare as you can get, but hey, it features crack Doritos, making it popular with the kiddoes.
With Cinco de Mayo right around the corner I thought I would get in the spirit with this taco casserole. It’s kinda like a Doritos Locos Taco in casserole form, but with enchilada sauce…because I couldn’t decide between tacos and enchiladas, but I knew I wanted the Doritos…so yeah, this is what I came up with! I’ve made different versions in the past, and they always go over well with the kiddoes. Because, duhhh, it has Doritos!
Doritos Taco Bake
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Cook ground beef in skillet on medium high heat until cooked through, breaking into small pieces as it cooks.
- Drain hamburger if needed and combine with water and taco seasoning and cook as directed on packet.
- Once the seasoned meat is done, add 1 cup of cheese, the cream of chicken soup, yogurt, and enchilada sauce to the meat. Stir to combine.
- In a lightly sprayed 9 x 13 casserole dish, add the meat mixture. Top with remaining cheese and cover with crushed Doritos.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Remove cover and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes. (This is optional, I just like to have the Doritos nice and crispy on top.)
- Serve with desired toppings such as lettuce, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
I may be linking up at any of the following – (Monday) The Tumbleweed Contessa, The Dedicated House, Skip to my Lou, Making the World Cuter, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, This Gal Cooks, Huckleberry Love (Tuesday) Sowdering About in Seattle, Naptime Creations, Mandy’s Recipe Box, Love in the Kitchen, Memories By the Mile,Inside BruCrew Life, VMG206, Anyonita Nibbles,Tasty Tuesdays (Wednesday) The Newlyweds Pilgrimage, Fluster Buster, Mostly Homemade Mom, Adorned from Above, Lady Behind the Curtain,Ginger Snap Crafts, Naptime is My Time, Tessa the Domestic Diva (Thursday) Project Inspire,Joyful Homemaking, Designed Decor, Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, Lamberts Lately (Friday) Foodtastic Fridays, Simple Living and Eating, Just Us Four, Bacon Time with the Hungry Hungry Hypo, Diana Rambles, The Better Baker,Craftionary, The Best Blog Recipes,Close to Home, 30 Handmade Days, A Peek Into My Paradise,The Jenny Evolution , Walking on Sunshine, Vintage Chic (Saturday) Six Sisters’ Stuff, Made from Pinterest
In honor of Cinco de Mayo, and our love of Doritos, here is another casserole with a Mexican flair….covered in Doritos, of course.
Dorito Chicken Taco Bake
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix together chicken, 1 cup of cheese, cream of chicken, milk, yogurt, Ro-tel tomatoes, and taco seasoning.
- In a lightly sprayed 2-quart casserole dish, add a layer of crushed Doritos across the bottom. Top with half of chicken mixture. Add another layer of crushed Doritos, followed by the rest of the chicken mixture. Top with remaining cheese and Doritos.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until bubbling.