and I couldn’t wait to give them a try! I used the Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies in this taco bake, and not only was it yummy, but it was so easy to put together!
Chipotle Taco Bake adapted from this recipe
1 can reduced fat crescent rolls
1 lb lean ground beef (or turkey)
1 package taco seasoning
1 can Del Monte Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies
8 oz plain non-fat yogurt (or sour cream)
1 1/2 cups shredded ‘Fiesta Blend’ cheese
1/2-3/4 bag nacho cheese chips (like Doritos), crushed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain, if needed. Stir in taco seasoning and Del Monte tomatoes, simmer 5-10 minutes. Spray a 9×13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray, and press crescent rolls on the bottom and about 1/2 way up the sides. Press seams to seal. Top crescent roll ‘crust’ with meat mixture and spread yogurt over meat. Top with cheese and crushed chips. Bake for approx. 30 minutes.
Verdict? Everyone enjoyed this dish, even my kids! It wasn’t too spicy My oldest daughter even said she might want this as her birthday dinner. That’s high praise around here.
Since Del Monte canned tomatoes, fruits and vegetables contain the same essential nutrients as fresh varieties and the majority of their products are picked at the peak of ripeness and canned on the same day, it’s a choice I feel good about feeding my family.
- Follow the Del Monte Brand on Pinterest
- Create a Pinterest board named “Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off”
- Pin at least two (2) Del Monte Tomato Recipes from the “Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off” Pinterest board and at least two (2) football entertaining ideas
- Register your Pinterest board to the Del Monte page from January 21st through February 15th to be entered into the Del Monte® Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off Sweepstakes program
- (1) Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- (1) Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies
- $25 Visa gift card
The Del Monte products, information and two gift packs (one for me, and one for the giveaway winner) have been provided by Del Monte. The recipe and opinions are my own.