If you were to explore the recipes on my blog, you would know that we like cookies. A LOT. Having all these snow days this winter has not helped, because what’s better when you’re snowed in than to bake (and eat) cookies?! I was under the false impression that Spring was on it’s way, but considering school is cancelled today due to icy road conditions, well….ugh. Let’s make cookies!
Chocolate Chip Granola Cookies
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup of white sugar
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 stick of butter, room temp
1 cup of granola (I used Enjoy Life)
1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup of shredded coconut (optional, could also use dried fruit or nuts)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add the sugars, vanilla, and butter in a mixing bowl, and beat on medium speed until creamy and smooth. Add the egg and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture a little at a time until mixed.
- Add the granola, chocolate chips, coconut (or desired add-ins) and mix until just combined.
- Place rounded tablespoons of dough onto a baking sheet (I used a silicone mat with mine) about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for approx. 11-13 minutes or until lightly golden around edges.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking tray for a few minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling.
Recipe source: For the Love of Cooking
I may be linking up at any of the following – (Monday) The Tumbleweed Contessa, The Dedicated House, Skip to my Lou, Making the World Cuter, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, This Gal Cooks, Huckleberry Love (Tuesday) Sowdering About in Seattle, Naptime Creations, Mandy’s Recipe Box, Love in the Kitchen, Memories By the Mile,Inside BruCrew Life, VMG206, Anyonita Nibbles (Wednesday) The Newlyweds Pilgrimage, Fluster Buster, Mostly Homemade Mom, Adorned from Above, Lady Behind the Curtain, Ginger Snap Crafts, Naptime is My Time, Tessa the Domestic Diva (Thursday) Project Inspire,Joyful Homemaking, Designed Decor, Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, Lamberts Lately (Friday) Not Your Ordinary Recipes, Simple Living and Eating, Just Us Four, Bacon Time with the Hungry Hungry Hypo, Diana Rambles, The Better Baker,Craftionary, The Best Blog Recipes,Close to Home, 30 Handmade Days, A Peek Into My Paradise,The Jenny Evolution , Walking on Sunshine, Vintage Chic (Saturday) Six Sisters’ Stuff, Made from Pinterest