If you were to explore the recipes on my blog, you would know that we like cookies. A LOT. Having all these snow days this winter has not helped, because what’s better when you’re snowed in than to bake (and eat) cookies?! I was under the false impression that Spring was on it’s way, but considering school is cancelled today due to icy road conditions, well….ugh. Let’s make cookies!
Chocolate Chip Granola Cookies
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup of white sugar
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 stick of butter, room temp
1 cup of granola (I used Enjoy Life)
1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup of shredded coconut (optional, could also use dried fruit or nuts)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add the sugars, vanilla, and butter in a mixing bowl, and beat on medium speed until creamy and smooth. Add the egg and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture a little at a time until mixed.
- Add the granola, chocolate chips, coconut (or desired add-ins) and mix until just combined.
- Place rounded tablespoons of dough onto a baking sheet (I used a silicone mat with mine) about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for approx. 11-13 minutes or until lightly golden around edges.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking tray for a few minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling.
I may be linking up at any of the following – (Monday) , , , , , , (Tuesday) , , , ,,, , (Wednesday) , , , , , , , (Thursday) ,, , , (Friday) , , , , , ,, ,, , ,, , (Saturday) ,