In yesterday’s post I mentioned Chocolate Glazed Donuts, so I wanted to share the recipe. My son (as with most kids) LOVES donuts. However, being the mean mama that I am, and being all concerned about trans fat and such, I very rarely buy them. Luckily, my children don’t realize that baked donuts are basically muffins in a donut shape, and consider it a treat when I make them.
Chocolate Glazed Donuts
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray donut pan with nonstick spray. (If you do not have a donut pan, you can use a mini muffin pan to make donut “holes” or make traditional muffins, adjust cook time accordingly.)
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt (if using). *I usually just whisk everything until no clumps remain, but my girls actually used the sifter for this recipe. Yes, I had flour and cocoa everywhere.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, then add milk, yogurt, and vanilla. Whisk until combined and smooth. Whisk in butter.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture (wet to dry) and mix just until combined.
- Fill donut (or whichever) pan about 3/4 full and bake for 10-12 minutes (again, depending on pan being used), or until done. (Use the toothpick test if unsure).
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan,then transfer to a wire rack.
- While cooling, whisk (or sift) the powdered sugar, then add the milk, vanilla and lemon juice. Whisk until combined. (If too thin, add more sugar; too thick, add more milk.) Dip warm (not hot) donuts into the glaze (you can do one side or both) and place on wire rack to set.
Donuts = Happy Kids. Baked Donuts = Happy Mom!
I may be linking up at any of the following – (Monday) , , , , (Tuesday) , , ,, , (Wednesday) , , , , (Thursday) , , (Friday) , , , ,, , , , ,