This Chicken & Biscuits Casserole is another quick and easy meal to get on the table, that is approved by 2 out of 3 (of my) children. It’s pretty much the ultimate comfort food, with creamy sauce, biscuits, cheese…oh yeah, and some chicken too. Some people even get crazy and throw a vegetable in there. Which totally would not fly in my house.
This can be thrown together really quickly if you have pre-cooked or leftover chicken (or turkey), use refrigerated biscuits, and condensed cream of chicken soup. However, you could certainly use homemade biscuits, make your own cream of chicken, etc. I went with the super quick and easy version since as I mentioned in my last post
…kids have practice in the evenings and dinner has to be FAST.
I used the large Pillsbury Grands biscuits, but next time I will use the smaller biscuits, just to make serving easier; or cut them in half before baking. I quartered and baked the remaining biscuits in the can because my crowd loves a biscuit, but you could buy the smaller container of biscuits. You can always do this
with the leftovers too.
Chicken and Biscuits Casserole
1 can condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (I used the reduced fat version)
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
2 cups chicken, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 can of biscuits (I used Pillsbury Grands Reduced Fat)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream of chicken and yogurt (or sour cream) together.
- Add chicken, milk and melted butter to the cream base. Stir until combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and top with cheese.
- Flatten your biscuits (only 4 of the Grands biscuits would fit) and place on top of the cheese.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until biscuits are nice and browned on top, and sauce is bubbly.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes or so before serving (the sauce will thicken some as it sits)
I may be linking up at any of the following – (Monday) The Tumbleweed Contessa, The Dedicated House, Skip to my Lou, I Should Be MoMypping the Floor, Huckleberry Love (Tuesday) Mandy’s Recipe Box, Sowdering About in Seattle, Naptime Creations, Memories By the Mile, VMG206, Anyonita Nibbles (Wednesday) The Newlyweds Pilgrimage, Fluster Buster, Ginger Snap Crafts, Naptime is My Time, Tessa the Domestic Diva (Thursday) Joyful Homemaking, Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, Lamberts Lately (Friday) Project Inspire, Just Us Four, Diana Rambles, The Better Baker,Close to Home, Walking on Sunshine, Vintage Chic, Daily Dish, The Diary of a Real Housewife,Play.Party.Pin