This Chicken & Biscuits Casserole is another quick and easy meal to get on the table, that is approved by 2 out of 3 (of my) children. It’s pretty much the ultimate comfort food, with creamy sauce, biscuits, cheese…oh yeah, and some chicken too. Some people even get crazy and throw a vegetable in there. Which totally would not fly in my house.
This can be thrown together really quickly if you have pre-cooked or leftover chicken (or turkey), use refrigerated biscuits, and condensed cream of chicken soup. However, you could certainly use homemade biscuits, make your own cream of chicken, etc. I went with the super quick and easy version since as I mentioned in my last post
…kids have practice in the evenings and dinner has to be FAST.
I used the large Pillsbury Grands biscuits, but next time I will use the smaller biscuits, just to make serving easier; or cut them in half before baking. I quartered and baked the remaining biscuits in the can because my crowd loves a biscuit, but you could buy the smaller container of biscuits. You can always do this
with the leftovers too.
Chicken and Biscuits Casserole
1 can condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (I used the reduced fat version)
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
2 cups chicken, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 can of biscuits (I used Pillsbury Grands Reduced Fat)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream of chicken and yogurt (or sour cream) together.
- Add chicken, milk and melted butter to the cream base. Stir until combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and top with cheese.
- Flatten your biscuits (only 4 of the Grands biscuits would fit) and place on top of the cheese.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until biscuits are nice and browned on top, and sauce is bubbly.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes or so before serving (the sauce will thicken some as it sits)
Recipe adapted from:
I may be linking up at any of the following – (Monday) , , , , (Tuesday) , , ,, , (Wednesday) , , , , (Thursday) , , (Friday) , , , ,, , , , ,