Quick and Easy Cinnamon Rolls
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
pinch of salt (if using unsalted butter)
2/3 cup confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1/8-1/4 tablespoon vanilla extract
pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of an 8″ by 8″ baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir the softened butter until spreadable. (Can microwave in small increments to soften if needed)
- Lightly flour a flat surface and roll the pizza dough out with a floured rolling pin into a rectangle. (approx 12 x 15 inches)
- Spread a thin layer of the softened butter (about 2 tablespoons) over the surface of the dough.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt (if using) over the buttered dough, covering the entire surface (to the edges).
- Starting on one of the 12″ (shorter) sides, tightly roll the dough to form a log. Pinch the seam if needed to keep from unrolling.
- Place log seam side down, and slice into 9 even pieces (about 1 1/2 inches thick). Place into buttered dish – with 3 rows of 3 rolls. Top rolls with remaining butter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until rolls are lightly browned and no longer wet and doughy looking. While rolls are baking, mix together icing ingredients. It’s okay if icing appears a little thick, since it will melt on warm rolls.
- Remove rolls from oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes. Place spoonfuls of icing on warm rolls, allowing icing to melt and cover rolls. Enjoy!
This recipe was featured at !
I may be linking up at any of the following – (Monday) , , , , (Tuesday) , , ,, , (Wednesday) , , , , (Thursday) , , (Friday) , , , ,, , , ,