I don’t know if it’s my Southern roots or what…but I do love a casserole! There is just something about having everything cook in one big ol’ dish that makes me happy. It may also be because I am one of those that likes to mix all my food together when I eat, unlike my brother, who likes to eat everything separately. (To the point that when he was young, NONE of his food could touch or he wouldn’t eat it!) Or, maybe I’m just a lazy cook and like to throw everything in together…whatever the reason, I think my love of casseroles is well established here on the blog. I mean seriously, there is Chicken Parmesan Casserole, Loaded Potato and Buffalo Chicken Casserole, Chicken and Dumpling Casserole…you get the picture.
Pork Chop-Hashbrown Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season your pork chops as desired and place in a skillet to brown on both sides. (Do not cook completely through because they will finish cooking in the oven with the potatoes.)
- In a large bowl, combine your yogurt or sour cream, milk, and Cream of Chicken soup. Add your hashbrown potatoes (mine were not completely thawed and it was fine) and onion if using. Mix until combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. If you are using full fat ingredients, you may not need to season the potatoes very much. Mine needed plenty of salt and pepper!
- Spread your potatoes into an ungreased 9×13 casserole dish (the original recipe said ungreased…in using reduced fat/fat free products, I will probably spray mine with cooking spray next time. They didn’t stick much, but did a little.)
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the potatoes.
- Add pork chops on top of the cheese and bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through. (I usually use a meat thermometer b/c I’m a terrible judge.)
We enjoyed this meal and I plan on making it again. What about you? Are you a casserole fan?
Yay! This recipe was featured over at !