This Pecan Pie Bread Pudding could also be titled Best.Thing.Ever. I know that’s a strong statement to make, but geez…it was pretty darn tasty. If I do say so myself. And I do. Because I have a blog and that’s sort of my job…to let y’all know when something should be put on your “to make” list ASAP. This would make an excellent breakfast/brunch dish for the holidays too. Just sayin’. Since it’s already NOVEMBER! (Don’t ask me how that happened already!)
I’m calling this breakfast, but slap some vanilla ice cream on that bad boy and it could become dessert. I think I ate it for every meal until I gave the last two pieces to my parents so they could experience it’s awesomeness. And the fact that I couldn’t button my jeans. Calorie friendly it is not.
It’s like pecan pie and French toast casserole got together and had a baby. A sweet, delicious, nutty baby.
This is what dreams are made of right here.
- 8 cups bread, torn into bite-size pieces (I used Challah, could also use Italian, French, King’s Hawaiian, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white (granulated) sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple or vanilla extract (I used ½ teaspoon of each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour your bread pieces into the baking dish. It will be very full, gently press it down into pan.
- Drizzle melted butter over bread.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, corn syrup, sugars, extract(s), salt (if using) and cinnamon.
- Stir pecans into sugar mixture, then pour over bread. Gently press the bread down into the pan so everything is coated.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Recipe Source: Something Swanky
Once done, you can use the parchment paper to lift the casserole out for easy cutting. Enjoy!
I may be linking up at any of the following – (Monday) Nibbles By Nic, The Tumbleweed Contessa, The Dedicated House, Skip to my Lou, I Should Be MoMypping the Floor, Huckleberry Love (Tuesday) Mandy’s Recipe Box, Sowdering About in Seattle, Naptime Creations, Memories By the Mile, VMG206, Anyonita Nibbles, The Cookie Puzzle (Wednesday) The Newlyweds Pilgrimage, Fluster Buster, Ginger Snap Crafts, Naptime is My Time, Tessa the Domestic Diva (Thursday) Joyful Homemaking, Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, Lamberts Lately (Friday) Project Inspire, Just Us Four, Diana Rambles, The Better Baker,Close to Home, Walking on Sunshine, Vintage Chic, Daily Dish, The Diary of a Real Housewife,Play.Party.Pin