Thick, Chewy Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (decrease to 1/4 if using salted butter)
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white (granulated) sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees if baking immediately.
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar until fluffy (medium speed, 2-3 minutes). Scrape down the sides.
- Add egg and vanilla to mixing bowl, mix until incorporated.
- With mixer on low, add in flour mixture until dough forms. Scrape sides as necessary.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of desired add ins.
- At this point, you can cover and refrigerate the dough for a couple of hours or overnight – make sure it’s covered well or the dough will begin to dry out. You can also roll the cookies into balls and freeze to make at a later date.
- Scoop out dough and place on lined cookie sheet – about a tablespoon for small cookies; “double stacked” tablespoon for larger, thicker cookies; 3 tablespoons or more for large cookies. Just make sure to leave space for them to spread and adjust baking time. Small cookies only need around 8 minutes. You want them to look a little underdone (shiny) in the middle, as they will continue to cook a bit once removed from the oven.
Now, since National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day is May 15th, I highly recommend making some cookies! If you don’t want to make them from scratch, check out this giveaway!
I may be linking up at any of the following – (Monday) The Tumbleweed Contessa, The Dedicated House, Skip to my Lou, Making the World Cuter, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, This Gal Cooks, Huckleberry Love (Tuesday) Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday, Sowdering About in Seattle, Naptime Creations, Mandy’s Recipe Box, Love in the Kitchen, Memories By the Mile,Inside BruCrew Life, VMG206, Anyonita Nibbles,Tasty Tuesdays (Wednesday) The Newlyweds Pilgrimage, Fluster Buster, Mostly Homemade Mom, Adorned from Above, Lady Behind the Curtain,Ginger Snap Crafts, Naptime is My Time, Tessa the Domestic Diva (Thursday) Project Inspire,Joyful Homemaking, Designed Decor, Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, Lamberts Lately (Friday) Foodtastic Fridays, Simple Living and Eating, Just Us Four, Bacon Time with the Hungry Hungry Hypo, Diana Rambles, The Better Baker,Craftionary, The Best Blog Recipes,Close to Home, 30 Handmade Days, A Peek Into My Paradise,The Jenny Evolution , Walking on Sunshine, Vintage Chic (Saturday) Six Sisters’ Stuff, Made from Pinterest