For those of you following a low carb diet, or have ever tried following a low carb diet, you know how hard it can be to satisfy those cravings for something sweet. I have attempted to low carb it many times, each time failing miserably! My husband however, has been eating low carb for years now to help control his diabetes. This cheesecake is one of his favorite indulgences, minus the blueberry topping…he prefers his plain.
Low Carb Cheesecake
3 (8 ounce) packages Cream Cheese, softened (I usually use 2 ‘regular’ cream cheese and 1 reduced fat)
3 eggs, room temperature
3/4 cup Splenda (or artificial sweetener of choice. I’ve had good luck with xylitol, but haven’t used it for this yet.)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Lightly spray pie plate with cooking spray.
- Mix together cream cheese, Splenda, lemon juice and vanilla until well blended.
- On low speed, add eggs, one at a time, mixing until just blended after each one.
- Pour mixture into pie plate, bake 45 minutes or until center is almost set (but still slightly jiggly)
- Cool, add fresh fruit or fruit topping if desired (see below for blueberry topping)
Recipe adapted from
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 Tablespoon desired sweetener (less if berries are very sweet)
1 Tablespoon water
Heat on medium high heat until berries are bursting and sauce begins to thicken. Reduce heat and let simmer to desired thickness, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly and add to top of cheesecake.
Anyone out there low carbing it? How’s it going? What’s your favorite low sugar treat?
I may be linking up at any of the following – (Monday) , , , , , (Tuesday) , , ,, , , (Wednesday) , , , , (Thursday) , , (Friday) , , , ,, , , , ,