When I see a title that includes chocolate, Kahlua, coffee AND pound cake…it gets my attention. And it goes in the “must make” category. My mom also loves chocolate and coffee, so I made this on an occasion I was visiting so we could share in the rum/chocolate/coffee fabulousness together.
Chocolate Kahlua Coffee Pound Cake
1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
1 small box instant chocolate pudding
4 eggs, room temp
3/4 cup brewed coffee, room temp (leftover coffee is fine. I usually re-use my morning’s K-cup)
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup Kahlua coffee liqueur
chocolate covered coffee beans, chopped (optional)
2 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 cup Kahlua* – add in small increments until glaze reaches desired consistency. Mine ended up being a little too thin.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a bundt pan or spray well with baking spray.
- Whisk together the dry cake mix with the dry instant pudding mix.
- Add the eggs, coffee, oil and Kahlua to the dry mix. Stir until combined, then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour mix into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until done. Cake should spring back when lightly pressed and toothpick should come out clean when inserted into middle of cake.
- Let cake cool for 15 minutes in pan, then invert onto cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Pour glaze over cooled cake, top with chocolate covered coffee beans if desired.
I may be linking up at any of the following – (Monday) , , , , , (Tuesday) , , ,, , , (Wednesday) , , , , (Thursday) , , (Friday) , , , ,, , , , ,