The other day I mentioned a breakfast pizza in my brunch post (don’t forget to enter the giveaway!) and thought I would share the recipe today. It’s so easy, and can be made pretty quick depending on the ingredients you choose. I am finding that you can put pretty much anything on a pizza crust and it’s going to be a hit! (Remember my macaroni and cheese pizza?!)
This is one of those meals that can be for breakfast, lunch or dinner (and brunch, of course). I went with the basics of bacon, egg and cheese, but the topping options are pretty much endless. I originally got the idea from Pinterest, and the pin was from the blog Born Free. I used my favorite store-bought crust, b/c I didn’t have time to make homemade pizza dough, and baked my bacon, which was a first for me. I highly recommend it if you hate dealing with popping, messy grease from regular bacon. I haven’t tried this with turkey bacon yet.
pizza crust of choice
2-4 oz. cream cheese (optional, but recommended)
4-6 eggs (depending on the size of your pizza crust)
6 slices of bacon (or topping of choice); cooked and crumbled
1-2 cups shredded cheese (depending on your preference)
salt and pepper (to taste)
As you can see, this recipe is so versatile that this is just a guide. I made 2 large pizzas, so I doubled my quantities on everything (the above is for one). Next time, I will use more cream cheese (I only had 2 oz for 2 pizzas) or I will try using sausage gravy as my ‘sauce’!
- Heat oven to required temp for your pizza…I think mine was 425. I pre-baked my crust for abt 7 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, scramble your eggs. Add salt and pepper as desired – just remember that if you are using bacon, it’s going to add a lot of salt. (I just used pepper.)
- When the crust has finished baking, remove from oven and add your cream cheese. Cover crust as you would with pizza sauce. You can add any seasonings you like as well.
- Add scrambled eggs on top of the cream cheese, place bacon or other toppings on top of eggs, top the whole pizza pie with cheese.
- Pop back into the oven until cheese is nice and melted and crust has completely cooked. This took about another 7 minutes for me.
This was something everyone enjoyed, and it was so easy, I’m sure I will make it again soon.
I’m linking up today with (Thursday) Designed Decor, Taste and Tell, Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, The Mandatory Mooch, The Busy Bee’s, (Friday) Not Your Ordinary Recipes, Simple Living and Eating, Just Us Four, Bacon Time with the Hungry Hungry Hypo, Diana Rambles, The Better Baker,Craftionary, Mummy Deals, One Artsy Mama, The Best Blog Recipes, One Creative Mommy, Michelle’s Tasty Creations, Close to Home (Saturday) Sassy Little Lady, Lemons for Lulu, Or So She Says…, Six Sisters’ Stuff, Sweet as Sugar Cookies (Sunday) Mommy’s Sweet Confessions and The Gooseberry Patch Blog, and Mums Make Lists