Did you know that September is National Breakfast Month? It’s pretty well documented on the blog here that I love breakfast food, and that we do breakfast for dinner. A lot. We aren’t the only ones… In a national survey, Krusteaz found that nine out of ten (91 percent) Americans say they eat breakfast for dinner, with 56 percent doing so once a month or more. For families with children in the house, the trend is even more prevalent as 67 percent say they have breakfast for dinner once a month or more. With that in mind, Krusteaz has declared Wednesdays as “Breakfast Night“. It totally works for me!
Monte Cristo Waffle Sandwich
Pam cooking spray or butter
*We made waffles with Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix
- Heat a griddle, panini press or George Foreman (this is what I used).
- Combine eggs, milk and cinnamon (if using) in a large, shallow bowl.
- Dip one waffle (or one half) into egg mixture, flipping to coat each side.
- Place waffle on greased or sprayed griddle and top with 2 slices of cheese, 1/2 the ham and turkey, 3 slices of bacon, and top with thin slices of cranberry sauce or a tablespoon of jam/preserves and desired amount of mustard (if using).
- Dip second waffle (or half) into egg mixture, coat both sides, and place on top of meat/cheese.
- Close top if using a panini press or George Foreman and let cook until top is lightly browned and crisp. If using skillet or griddle, cook one side until browned and set, then flip to cook other side.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Looking for other quick and easy breakfast night options?
Pancake and Sausage Muffins
Easy Oven Pancakes – mix up your favorite pancake mix and pour into a baking pan and bake….no standing and flipping!
- Buttermilk Pancake Mix (1)
- Blueberry Pancake Mix (1)
- Belgian Waffle Mix (1)
- Wild Blueberry Muffin Mix (1)
- Krusteaz coupons for free product.
Krusteaz provided me with the above pictured products and coupons (not pictured) so I could host my own ‘Breakfast Night’. All opinions and love of breakfast food are my own.