Summer may be coming to an end, but we can hang on for just a little bit longer with these quick and easy and deliciously lemon-y (totally a word, right?) brownies. With just 3 ingredients, you can have these lemon brownies, and add a couple more ingredients to make the simple glaze that really takes them to the next level.
These brownies are an adaptation of my Chocolate Pudding Dump Cake
. I had every intention of making the chocolate version, when I realized I had lemon cake mix in the cabinet. I decided to try a lemon version, and was very pleasantly surprised.
The glaze is made of confectioners sugar, fresh lemon juice and lemon zest. It tastes fresh and fabulous.
Quick and Easy Lemon Brownies
1 box lemon cake mix
1 box vanilla instant pudding (small box) *lemon would probably be even better!
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup confectioners sugar (or more if you want more glaze)
zest of one lemon
lemon juice – enough to reach desired glaze consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray
- whisk together pudding mix and milk in large mixing bowl
- add dry cake mix to pudding mixture, stir until combined
- spread mix into pan *Batter will be very thick
- bake for approx 30 mins or until center is done and edges are lightly browned
- if using glaze – combine sugar, zest and lemon juice; pour over warm cake
The longer the brownies sit, the more the glaze soaks in – just depends on how you like them! You could also skip the glaze and dust the cooled brownies with powdered sugar. The fresh lemon juice and zest in the glaze gives them a really bright, lemon flavor however.
Now I’m thinking of all kinds of variations 🙂
This recipe was featured at:
and at !
I may be linking up at any of the following – (Monday) , , , , , (Tuesday) , , , ,,, , , (Wednesday) , , , , ,, , (Thursday) ,, , (Friday) , , , , , ,, , ,, , (Saturday) ,