- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa, sugars, and salt.
- Add the half and half and beat on low speed until until the cocoa, sugars, and salt are dissolved.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours (or overnight)
- Following the directions of your ice cream maker, pour mixture in appropriate container. (Mine has a bowl that needs to be chilled before adding mixture, then the bowl fits into the ice cream maker.)
- If you want it thicker than soft serve consistency, freeze immediately for about 2 hours, (or on my maker you can use the hand crank at this point to get it even thicker), otherwise…serve it up!
This was delicious and creamy, but it does get a little icy after being in the freezer a little while. I can’t wait to try more varieties! I have a Pinterest board devoted just to ice cream if interested 🙂
I may be linking up at any of the following – (Monday) The Tumbleweed Contessa, Holly’s Stamping Addiction, The Dedicated House, Homemaker on a Dime, Skip to my Lou, Making the World Cuter, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, This Gal Cooks, Watch Out, Martha!, Huckleberry Love, The Newlyweds Pilgrimage, Sowdering About in Seattle (Tuesday) Naptime Creations, Mandy’s Recipe Box, Love in the Kitchen, Memories By the Mile,Inside BruCrew Life, Sarah Lynn’s Sweets, BeBetsy and VMG206, The Real Thing with The Coake Family, Twinkling Trees , Anyonita Nibbles (Wednesday) Fluster Buster, Mostly Homemade Mom, Adorned from Above, Lady Behind the Curtain, Ginger Snap Crafts, Hungry Little Girl, Naptime is My Time, The Wilderness Wife (Thursday) Project Inspire ,Joyful Homemaking, Designed Decor, Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, The Mandatory Mooch, The Busy Bee’s, Lamberts Lately (Friday) Not Your Ordinary Recipes, Simple Living and Eating, Just Us Four, Bacon Time with the Hungry Hungry Hypo, Diana Rambles, The Better Baker,Craftionary, One Artsy Mama, The Best Blog Recipes, One Creative Mommy, Michelle’s Tasty Creations, Close to Home, 30 Handmade Days, A Peek Into My Paradise,The Jenny Evolution , Walking on Sunshine(Saturday) Lemons for Lulu, Or So She Says…, Six Sisters’ Stuff (Sunday) Mommy’s Sweet Confessions, Who Needs a Cape?, Sweet 2 Eat Baking