This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Glad and M&M;’S®. All opinions are 100% mine.
‘Twas the days before Christmas when all through the store, the moms were all busy buying more, moRE, MORE!! When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a display full of Christmas candy that I raced to get near! Red ones, greens, big ones and small….I just knew I had to have them all, aLL, ALL!
They had dark chocolate, pretzel, and mini’s too…and when I saw M&M;’S® White Chocolate Peppermint I thought it was too good to be true!
So I grabbed them all up and raced towards the door, I had cookies to bake and egg nog to pour! I would take cookies to neighbors so they wouldn’t be sad, but just then I spotted Holiday Storage products by GLAD!
These would be perfect for the cookies I bake, making it easy and convenient for the goodies I take. I grabbed a few and checked out with a swipe of my card, got home and searched Pinterest long and hard.
Found the perfect recipe, it was out of sight! And when the cookies were all done I exclaimed “Happy Christmas to all…and to all a goodnight!”
Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa (I used 1/4 cup Hershey’s Special Dark and 1/4 cup regular Hershey’s cocoa)
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup White Chocolate Peppermint M&M;’s (available at Target)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used the red and green holiday ones)
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and coffee crystals together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar until well mixed, add vanilla.
- Slowly add in flour mixture to the butter/sugar (I say slowly since I use my stand mixer and everything will be covered in a flour cloud if you pour it all in too quickly). Batter will be thick.
- Fold in candy and chocolate chips.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- After dough has chilled, scoop about a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball.
- Place on cookie sheet approx. 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. (The inside will seem slightly underdone.)
- Allow to cool on wire rack and then consume several. Or package in your Holiday Glad containers and get them over to the neighbors ASAP!
Recipe Source: Bakerella
Not only are the Glad Holiday Storage containers great for gifting, they also include recipes on the back! Each recipe will fit in the container it comes with. Of course, I just had to try out the Santa’s Snack Mix. The sweet and salty combo is always a favorite around here.
How yummy does that look?!
Santa’s Snack Mix from Glad
- 8-10 cups Popped popcorn
- 2-3 cups Holiday shaped pretzels
- 1 cup red and green Holiday sprinkles
- 1 package DOVE® Dark Chocolate candies *I used white chocolate drizzle
- 2 cups Peanuts *I omitted due to my son’s peanut allergies and used Cheerios instead
- 3/4 c. Corn syrup
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1/2 c. Butter (1 stick)
- 1 package M&M;’S® Holiday Baking Mini’s and/or M&M;’S® Holiday Mint candies