brrrrr! It actually feels like winter Fall this morning! Since my puppy did not get the memo that I am NOT a morning person, he had me up and outside at 5:30am….and I had to grab my coat! Granted, this is the South, so if it drops below 70, it’s cold. But I dare say, it was in the 40’s! (Of course, it’s supposed to reach the upper 70’s later today). Anyway, enough about the weather. It’s just that the chill in the air is finally making me accept the fact that Fall is here, and right around the corner is Halloween! So…I made you some “spooky” treats.
Rolo Cereal Treats with Brownie Mix
- 6 cups cereal (I used a combo of Cheerios and Rice Krispies)
- 3 T. butter
- 1 bag of miniature marshmallows (minus a few my kids ate)
- 1/4 cup brownie mix (*I will use 1/2 cup next time)
- 1/2 cup Rolos candy – frozen and halved (optional)
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large pot. Once melted, add marshmallows and stir until almost melted.
- Add brownie mix and stir until marshmallows are completely melted and brownie mix is incorporated. Remove from heat and add cereal. Mix until coated.
- Add frozen candy pieces and stir. You have to do this fairly quickly b/c the mixture begins to cool and it is difficult to get the candy mixed in. (but is it a bad thing to have a few clumps of chocolate and caramel candy? Not in my world.)
- Place mixture into a greased 13 x 9 inch pan (can use parchment/wax paper/aluminum foil for easy removal if desired.) Mash cereal treats into pan, I like to spray my hands with cooking spray and use my hands. But utensils are okay too. Top with sprinkles if desired.
- Let treats cool, then cut into squares. Store in airtight container. They lasted about 24 hours at my house. If that.