If you have been here before, you know I’m all about quick and easy. With 3 kids running around, 2 dogs, and 1 thin thread of sanity left…I need things to be as simple as possible. However, I also want them to be fun and taste good. This little treat fits the bill. They are fun to look at, they are fun for the kids to help prepare, and they taste really yummy.
- Pretzels – round, square, holiday, doesn’t matter
- Kraft caramels (the squares that come in a bag)
- Hershey Kisses (I used dark chocolate)
- Pecans (optional)
- M&M;’s (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place pretzels on a foil lined baking sheet (just makes it easier to clean up).
- Place one caramel square on top of each pretzel. Bake in preheated oven about 4 minutes (until squares start to soften and melt a little, but are still holding their shape).
- Remove from oven and press a Hershey kiss into each caramel square. Let sit for a few minutes and Kisses will soften. Then you can press a pecan into the Hershey Kiss (for a true turtle taste) or you press an M&M; on the top. I just used M&M;’s since my son is allergic to nuts (and I didn’t have any pecans anyway.) While chocolate is still soft, you can also add colored sprinkles, or a light sprinkle of sea salt for a ‘salted caramel’ treat!