Sometimes I run across a recipe that I just have to try, just out of sheer curiosity. That’s the way I felt when I saw Baltimore Bomb Pie over at Something Swanky. I’ve never been to Baltimore, never heard of the pie, and never seen nor heard of the Berger Cookies she talks about. However, I was intrigued about using chopped up cookies in a pie. Especially when she mentioned a version using chocolate chip cookies! I had to give it a shot. I mean, come on! Cookies, butter, pie crust…could you really go wrong? I think not.
Once I finally gave this bad boy a taste, it reminded me of Chess Pie, so that’s what I’m calling it. Whatever you call it, you can call it delish. It’s rich, buttery, chocolate-y and oh, so not Weight Watchers friendly 🙂
Chocolate Chip Cookie Chess Pie
- 1 batch of chocolate chip cookies (approx. 12-18 cookies)*
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal (flour can also be used)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*I used Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies – the take and bake kind, but homemade would be delish!
- Chop up cookies in bite size pieces (I quartered them), and fill the pie crust. You may not need to entire batch of cookies – just depends on what kind you are using.
- Mix the softened butter, sugar, eggs, cornmeal, vinegar and vanilla until blended.
- Pour the butter mixture over the cookies and carefully stir together, until all the cookie pieces are coated. Lightly mash everything down into the pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes until the top and crust is a nice golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting…if you can!
- Serve warm or room temp with Cool Whip or ice cream.
I may be linking up at any of the following – (Monday) The Tumbleweed Contessa, The Dedicated House, Homemaker on a Dime, Skip to my Lou, Making the World Cuter, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, This Gal Cooks, Watch Out, Martha!, Huckleberry Love, The Newlyweds Pilgrimage, Sowdering About in Seattle, Craft and Repeat (Tuesday) Naptime Creations, Mandy’s Recipe Box, Love in the Kitchen, Memories By the Mile,Inside BruCrew Life, Sarah Lynn’s Sweets, BeBetsy and VMG206, Twinkling Trees , Anyonita Nibbles (Wednesday) Fluster Buster, Mostly Homemade Mom, Adorned from Above, Lady Behind the Curtain, Ginger Snap Crafts, Naptime is My Time, The Real Thing with The Coake Family, Tessa the Domestic Diva (Thursday) Project Inspire ,Joyful Homemaking, Designed Decor, Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, The Mandatory Mooch, Lamberts Lately (Friday) Not Your Ordinary Recipes, Simple Living and Eating, Just Us Four, Bacon Time with the Hungry Hungry Hypo, Diana Rambles, The Better Baker,Craftionary, One Artsy Mama, The Best Blog Recipes, One Creative Mommy, Michelle’s Tasty Creations, Close to Home, 30 Handmade Days, A Peek Into My Paradise,The Jenny Evolution , Walking on Sunshine, Vintage Chic (Saturday) Or So She Says…, Six Sisters’ Stuff, It’s Overflowing, Made from Pinterest (Sunday) Mommy’s Sweet Confessions, Who Needs a Cape?, Sweet 2 Eat Baking;