If you have been reading my blog for a while, you may have figured out that I love everything buffalo chicken. Buffalo chicken pizza one of my favorite things, and when I saw Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas I knew I had to make them A.S.A.P.
source How Sweet It Is
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
28 ounces enchilada sauce
1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (or to taste)
1 cup shredded cheese *I used a Mexican blend
4 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled *I didn’t have any, so I skipped it
5 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour enchilada sauce in a bowl and whisk in 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce. Add more as needed to achieve desired taste. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add shredded chicken, 2 green onions and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Add in about a 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Pour a 1/2 cup or so of enchilada sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Fill each tortilla with a few tablespoons of the chicken mixture. Roll up tortillas and place in the baking dish, seam side down.
- Pour another 1/2 cup or more of enchilada sauce over the tortillas and add remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Immediately after taking enchiladas out of the oven, add crumbled gorgonzola (if using) on top. Garnish with the remaining green onions and cilantro.
Notes – I cut this recipe in half since I knew I would be the only one eating it. It was pretty good, but I definitely will add more buffalo sauce next time. Before serving, I added additional sauce and bleu cheese dressing. I’m sure they would be delicious with the gorgonzola cheese, which I’m pretty sure I’ve never bought before. I need to expand my cheese repertoire. There is a whole world beyond cheddar and mozzarella 🙂